Visit #5
Field study info
- Same spot photo
- Date
- November 11
- Time
- 10:45 - 11:00
- Climate / conditions
- very cloudy, windy, and brisk. Almost no sunlight the entire time I was there.
- Temperature
- 55 degrees
- Length of day
- 7:31 am - 5:24 pm ( 9 hours and 53 minutes)
- Felt, smelled, heard, seen
- The ground was very dry and so were all the sticks I picked up (there were a lot more on the ground than before). I smelled a bonfire scent faintly and also the smell of very crisp windy air. I heard a bit of highway noise and some branches rustling, but NO LEAVES on the branches, those are all completely gone. I also heard no birds at all this time which was strange and I didn’t realize how much noise that had made before until they were gone. Almost none of the landscape had any color now. It has all transitioned into grays and golds.
- Changes noticed
- No birds singing, no leaves on the trees or on the ground, and not much color in the plants. And lots of the formerly green plants are dying.
- Questions
- If there are no leaves on the trees and none on the ground, where did they all go?
- Why were the birds so quiet? Have they already begun migrating?
- Awe
- I found awe in the new neutral colors. Though I’m sad to see the flowers go, the gold grasses are really beautiful too.







Look into migrating times for bonus...post and link sources in your next visit.
ReplyDelete